Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Yearrrrr!!!!  Hellllooooo 2014!  This is a new year, there are new hopes and aspirations, new resolutions and new spirits, and a new chance for everyone to get things right!  
I've never been very good at making resolutions and when I do I rarely keep them all year long, but THIS year is going to be different.  2014 is going to be MY year!  As much as I'd like to say I'm going to lose weight and keep a budget and all the usual resolutions - I'm not.

This year here is what I'm thinking:
  • I'm going to start talking to new people.
  • I'm going to aim to have at least 20 new regular baking clients.
  • I'm going to open a savings account and not spend all the money by the end of the year.
  • I'm going to go on a real vacation this year - minimum seven days...because I deserve it!
  • I'm going to put myself first and make 2014 about me!

They aren't the usual resolutions but they are what I think will be best for me this year!  I'm really looking forward to this year, I think it will be a great one!  Also, for some weird reason I've noticed years ending in even numbers are generally a little bit more exciting for me, so let's see what this year has in store!

I'm not a very superstitious person but I do believe in good juju and creating a good vibe around yourself. For the new year I like to do a few things to hopefully bring in the luck!  So I'm making Hoppin' John for dinner tonight!  Hoppin' John is a Southern dish with black-eyed peas and ham.  The black-eyed peas are supposed to bring luck and prosperity in the new year.  I also made sure to eat 12 grapes at midnight - the grape symbolize each month of the new year and are supposed to bring luck as well!  

Here's a picture of my Hoppin' John that's currently cooking away in my crock-pot!
It looks so good and my house smells amazing!  I can't wait to dig in!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and a promising and fulfilling New Year ahead of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment